- Many of us carry tiny, powerful, touch-screen computers in our pockets (or purses) BUT Steve Jobs gets to say what you're allowed to do with them.
- We have tablet computers just like Star Trek, except Steve Jobs has veto over those too.
- Our books now come in electronic form, as long as you're happy for Amazon to be able to revoke them after sale.
- We can communicate with just about anyone, just about anywhere, just about any time, BUT you still need multiple user accounts to keep up with everyone, because IM and social networking are walled gardens.
- We have video phones, as long as the network stays up.
- TV is available online, quickly and cheaply ... as long as you live in the USA. You can record, pause, rewind and fast-forward live broadcasts, with the right equipment.
- In-car computing is finally starting to take off, thanks to the mobile web and GPS navigation.
- 3D printing is readily available as a service, but not generally in everyone's home yet.
- We are legally forbidden to rip our DVDs for personal viewing.
PS - So plenty of room yet to grow.
PPS - And probably a lot of things I haven't thought of yet.