Wednesday 14 July 2010

Human billboards

Recently I've seen people walking around with "billboard backpacks", occasionally handing out flyers or business cards for local businesses. The billboards are about as wide as their shoulders and extend about that same distance over their heads. I want to ask those people if they feel demeaned being turned into a walking billboard. It can't be much fun to draw attention to yourself that way purely for the sake of a business. I suspect most of them are backpackers taking temporary gigs for the sake of a few extra dollars.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I also want to ask them if they fall over in strong winds.
PPS - That would be just one safety hazard of carrying a sail on your back.

2 comments:

Charles said...

But it provides perfect protection against people throwing stuff at the back of your head... Which is bound to happen when you prostitute yourself in such a way.

John said...

True. I suppose there are trade-offs.