Tuesday 15 September 2009

What's so great about the Single Ladies music video?

Call me crazy or weird if you like, but I don't see what's so great about the Single Ladies music video by Beyoncé. There's dancing, and I get that, but I don't understand why it caused such a positive reaction from so many people. Perhaps dance isn't my thing, but it just looks like a lot of knees-bent hip thrusts to me.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - If anyone can explain what's revolutionary about it, feel free.
PPS - I'm willing to learn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I don't see why it was so great.
The only thing remotely amusing about the video is if you mute the sound and start the video the same time you play any random song (for example, something by Metallica) the dancing matches the song.
However, that just shows how generic the beat was.

John said...

Now that could prove very amusing. I need a recording of the ducky dance music right away!

Anonymous said...

not really got anothing to do with the actual clip, but it's funny :)
http://www.yagoo.ro/play.php?vid=1453

John said...

Funny.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I don't get the appeal of this video. And, I have no idea why Kanye West thought it was the best video of all time! But, i think dance enthusiasts like it because the dance is somehow a reference to Bob Fosse-- a famous director/choreographer.