Tuesday 14 July 2009

Amazon Prime has already lost my business

Amazon has been consistently advertising their Amazon Prime priority shipping deal to me for years now, so I've learned to ignore it. This is primarily because it is valid only within the continental United States, and I'm halfway across the world from there. It's okay for both of us for now - Amazon continues to tell me to sign up, then sorry but I can't, and I continue to ignore the ads. The problem will come if Amazon Prime is ever extended beyond the USA corner of the world to include me. Do you think I will notice the change and start placing orders? Not a chance. By advertising too aggressively too early, Amazon has probably lost my future business.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - This assumes they ever intend to acknowledge the presence of Australia at all.
PPS - To the best of my knowledge, they still don't stock region 4 DVDs.

No comments: