Wednesday 19 November 2008

Power up

The power was restored at home some time yesterday evening, so I guess today I'll be at home with fans trying to dry out as much as I can. Deb and I spent the last two nights away, and our mattress is still ruined, but if we wanted, I think we could move back in today and sleep on the couch. It's going to be quite a while before things return to normal around here, but I expect long before then it will drop off the news.

The army and lots of heavy machinery have been around moving greenery off the roads, helping people move if they have no livable home. People have been saying that the response was too slow, but as soon as the rain had stopped they were clearing the roads. If you think it's taking too long, you don't appreciate the scope of the job.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I think the only structural damage to our place is the patio.
PPS - Comparatively, we got off pretty light.

No comments: