Sunday 9 July 2006

The Sunday Mok - Enough calamari to end world hunger

Sunday - We drove out to the Tahune Air Walk, a treetop forest walk. It was nice. When we were done, we drove to Hastings Caves, but they were just about to close for the day.
Monday - We finished what we could of the food we'd bought for the week, then caught our plane home. Erin drove us from the airport, then in the evening we went out to see Over the Hedge, which was fun.
Tuesday - Our section at work moved to the ground floor, thankfully waiting for me to return before doing so. Karate in the evening was a basic class, and at home I tried to catch up on my online news. I gave up after 300 articles.
Wednesday - Work as usual. I'm trying to generate summary pages for the vast amounts of info stored in our staff appraisals database. I had dinner at Deb's, followed by disc 1 of Star Trek: Enterprise, the first rental from online service Quickflix. Quickflix is just like Netflix, with the added benefit of actually being accessible in Australia.
Thursday - More summary page work at the office and dinner at Dad & Beth's. More Star Trek at home before going to bed a little bit early.
Friday - Summary pages. It gets boring, so I also took steps towards automating our website deployment procedure. In the evening, Deb and I saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. We planned to see it in Gold Class cinemas, but we hadn't made a booking.
Saturday - Deb and I had brunch at Miv & Julia's place, which was certainly more of a feast than I'm used to. Took a nap in the afternoon, then just lazed around the house, watching Star Trek and Stargate, and cooking dinner.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - The promised Tasmania trip Sunday Mok is also up now.
PPS - It's hard to complain about the cold in Brisbane anymore.

No comments: