Sunday 1 January 2006

The Sunday Mok - Merry New Solar Circuit

Last Sunday, you recall, was Christmas Day. I spent lunch and dinner at Dad & Beth's with the step-siblings. I liked the layered salad (probably because it contained a tasty cheese and mayonnaise) and playing cards in the air conditioning.
I skipped breakfast on Monday, which is significant because I cannot actually remember ever doing so before. I was still full from Christmas. I watched Buffy with Deb past the end of season 6.
On Tuesday we finished the second-last Buffy box set. Time had begun to be measured in Buffy episodes and Buffy box sets. I ate dinner at home, because the holidays have meant an accumulation of fresh food here that's not otherwise getting eaten so much.
I spent Wednesday morning playing City of Heroes, then went to Deb's for more Buffy and dinner. After we stopped watching DVDs for the night, we had a long conversation.
Deb and I went shopping on Thursday, mostly to compare and price DVD players, since ours here doesn't play everything I've got. We swam at Stu's in the afternoon with representative portion of the church crowd, then had dinner at Dad and Beth's, as is the Thursday tradition.
I mowed the lawn on Friday, rather poorly. Since a poor job is much like a careful one, only quicker, I'm not too cut up about my slackness. I installed an old hard drive in an old PC for Dad, then Deb and I started spring cleaning the rumpus room. It'll be a nice (and comfortably-temperatured) place when we're done with it.
Saturday was New Year's Eve, and I tried to spend it resting up for a big night. I couldn't sleep or even doze, though. Deb and I headed out to Lydia and Rich's new place to see the fireworks and catch up with my friends who I see far too irregularly. That's all my fault, by the way.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - My tradition of staying awake for the sunrise had a three-hour nap component this year.
PPS - That's because I still made it to church this morning.

No comments: