Wednesday 7 December 2005

English Blood

My usual explanation for why I fare so poorly in Summer is that I have what I call "English blood". It's also why I can cause snow blindness with the glare off my skin. My English blood means my internal furnace burns hotter than usual, to face the cold Winter weather with no problems. In Brisbane, this means I am quite comfortable for two weeks of the year. Around our Summer Christmas, however, I sweat so profusely that I could grow rice. It's not pleasant. So, whenever I say I have English blood, that's usually what I mean.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - No offense meant to any English people reading this.
PPS - Or residents of England who, apparently, are never coming home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a bad case of sweat disease! welcome to the club!

Erin Marie said...

Now John, don't be bitter. They'll come home. Eventually. How could they not? Australia is the most beautiful country in the world... isn't it?