Wednesday 30 November 2005

Random computer-building thought of the day

I'd love to be able to build a computer into a Pepsi can. Something that small is truly portable, but couldn't include any peripherals. However, it could have a dock interface that looks like a wired coaster, and that's just plain cool. It would probably use a flash drive, or a very portable notebook drive, plus the world's smallest motherboard and integrated network, graphics, sound and several USB ports.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Yes, I was drinking Pepsi as I wrote this.
PPS - No, I don't think it will actually happen.

4 comments:

Erin Marie said...

Question:

Why Pepsi?

John said...

Answer:

Pepsi > Coke

Commence brand-loyalty flamewar in 3..2..1..GO!

Erin Marie said...

*shrug*

I actually just don't like Pepsi all that much.

But that's not the point. Would you only make your 'ultimate portable computer' in Pepsi cans, or would they come in cans of all different varieties?

John said...

I guess they could come in all different varieties of cans - Dr Pepper, 7Up, Solo ... AC Cola. ;)

This is, of course, assuming I could get over the massive limitations of size and the inevitable heat problem and still have a PC that's powerful enough to bother with, and not just a pocket calculator.