Sunday 23 October 2005

The Sunday Mok - Tonsils

Last Sunday felt like I was cutting activities out of my life in order to feel less tired and stressed. I chose not to go bowling after church because I felt too tired and not in the mood. Lately I seem to feel tired a lot more than I used to. It could be that I haven't had time to exercise on Saturday mornings the way I used to.
On Monday evening I went to the doctor about my throat and picked up some antibiotics. I was spitting rather than swallowing my saliva when I could, just because it hurt to swallow. That also meant it hurt to eat.
When I woke up on Tuesday my throat felt the worst it has during this entire episode, so I stayed home from work and skipped karate that night. Deb brought over some ice cream to help numb the pain. I improved during the day and watched Moulin Rouge in the evening.
I might have been able to manage work on Wednesday, but I stayed home again. I had dinner at Deb's, then watched Interview With the Vampire, after which we talked for a while.
I went back to work on Thursday and did fine. Dad, Ug, Debbie and I all went to Beth's for dinner, then Deb and I watched Shaolin Soccer back at my place. I must have been tired or stressed, because I got upset by a conversation we had when I drove Deb home.
On Friday at work, the controls and information systems section went out to lunch on the company tab. My side of potato wedges was bigger than my main course, and I couldn't finish it, but at least it didn't hurt to eat anymore. We went bowling with the youth group in the evening and my scores were less than inspiring. I'm out of practice. Afterwards, I watched Robots at Deb's.
I woke up early on Saturday, intending to exercise, but I was too tired. I went to the Youthworx meeting, then went to Brookside with Deb to shop for her sister Mia's birthday present. I went home and took a nap, then picked Deb up to go to dinner at Southbank. We had Turkish, after we waited half an hour for a table. I forgot to get them to validate our parking, though, so I had to pay for that, too. I went home relatively early to sleep.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - It seems that's the main thing missing from my life right now.
PPS - It must be my own fault for choosing late nights.

No comments: