Sunday 24 April 2005

The Sunday Mok - 24 April 2005

Last Sunday we went to lunch with some old family friends and I got to spend some time with Joanne, who's like my adopted cousin. I didn't want to leave when we did. Bowling at night, I barely managed to break 100 in each of two games.
Monday Jeff said he wanted me to do part of our presentation on Tuesday - the part about Cornerstone, our .NET software framework. I prefer to get more notice than that. I managed to play a little City of Heroes, something I've been unable to do recently. Ug's been hammering on FFXI a lot.
On Tuesday we did our presentation, and I had to do more in addition to talking about Cornerstone. That was definitely bad, because I only speak well in public with a script and had no time to prepare one.
Wednesday I started work on a new project: a database to keep track of staff appraisals, plus its web front end. After work I saw Assault on Precinct 13 and watched Battlestar Galactica when I got home.
On Thursday the appraisals database project was made official, I had the (very simple) database table structure ready and finished most of the data access layer. I did very little else that day.
By Friday I estimated that I was 75% done with the appraisals database. With Cornerstone, it's pretty much just turn-the-crank programming. Nothing too challenging. My books finally arrived from Amazon, including the Zombie Survival Guide, obviously essential reading in my world.
I spent most of Saturday watching television, which is not something I generally recommend. I did get out of the house in the afternoon, partly to look for American Idiot on DVD, because I noticed that the Holiday video leads directly into the Boulevard of Broken Dreams video, which follow in that order on the CD. I didn't find it.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm pretty sure it's not out yet.
PPS - It will be, though.

No comments: