Tuesday 29 March 2005

AGMF Annual Report

There are probably only one or two better ways to spend a long weekend than camping in Toowoomba for the Australian Gospel Music Festival. I had an awesome time and enjoyed all the music I heard. The following bands/performers are awesome, in alphabetical order:

5th Attempt
Alabaster Box
Anita Thomas
Another Day Down
Brooke Fraser
Chris Poulsen Trio
Compliments of Gus
Delirious?
The Frugals
Half Way Out
Halfway There
Hillsong United
Jael
Joel Hockey
The Lads
Light of Love
Nikki Kummerow
Nuclear Penguin
Planetshakers
Rookie
Scat
Shrimp Shack Jazz Band
Simeon
Sonicflood
Soulframe
Speaking of Sarah
Wone

I got myself signed CDs by The Lads and The Frugals, and an unsigned one by Scat. I spent most of the weekend looking through the program booklet for the words "punk" or "ska", and this has served me rather well, although I did expose myself to some jazz and straight rock, too. If you've never been, and you enjoy Christian music of any style, I definitely recommend AGMF.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm now sponsoring a boy in the Philippines through the Compassion organisation.
PPS - Because I can.

No comments: