Sunday 19 September 2004

The Sunday Mok - Dream a little dream

I had a fairly big Sunday after a medium-sized Saturday night. I was going to go back to sleep at 09:30 and was up until about 14:00 rehearsing a dramatisation of the book of Esther, written by a drama teacher at church. It's pretty funny stuff, but the effect is starting to wear off on me. I had a couple of pretty sudden mood swings, too, which can apparently be a sign of stress.
On Monday I got my new quiet case fans - one for the back and one for the CPU, though I may have some serious hassles trying to install the CPU fan. I played about four hours worth of City of Heroes to get some good experience up for my main character. That placed me close to level 16.
I used Tuesday at work to discuss design issues with a co-worker. I've been assigned the task of creating a system (as part of our main project) that will allow some users to automatically delegate certain types of data entry to underlings and approve it later. It presents plenty of interesting challenges (read: it's really hard). I skipped karate in the interest of stress management, since I had some tasks to complete and needed the time.
On Wednesday I took a bit of a break from the design task at work to hack together a program to test web services remotely. It should come in handy, since we can currently only test web services by logging in to their host server remotely, which is slow and chews up bandwidth, and we can't always do it anyway. For those outside the techspeak loop, focus on the words "program", "test" and "handy".
Thursday I looked for an afro wig for Friday night's "70s Dance Party" youth group program, and settled for some spray-on gel to help me 'fro my own hair. When I got home I remembered a costume shop within walking distance of the office that would certainly have afro wigs for sale.
I found an afro wig on Friday at the costume shop, so that was good. The dance party went well, including the karaoke setup. Michelle's performance of "Dream A Little Dream of Me" left me humming that song for the rest of the night and all through Saturday, too.
Saturday was a huge day - a bucks party. We started with skydiving. I was going to go up, but in the end we only had time to send the groom-to-be, which was still cool. Next we went golfing, though the main focus of that activity was the cart hire. As someone pointed out, it's cheaper than going to a go-kart track. We arrived at the hotel and the others proceeded to drink heavily, assisted by various games. I was driving the bus and don't drink alcohol anyway, so I saw all the festivities with a clear head. At about midnight, some of us headed to Fat Louie's for a few games of pool, then turned in back at the hotel at about 01:30.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - We had to get the bus back to the rental place by 09:00 the next morning.
PPS - More on that next week.

No comments: