Friday 18 June 2004

A lesson for Mr Bush

(If you'll excuse me, I'm going to get a bit sarcastic now)

The difference between "proof" and "insistence" is known as "evidence". For instance, I have heard you on the radio this morning saying:
"The reason I keep saying there was a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda is that there was a connection."
This is despite the recent report finding that there was no collaboration between the two. This is an "insistence", and is empty. A "proof" would sound more like this:
"The reason I keep saying there was a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda is that we found the following evidence to support that theory..."
See the difference? In the second case, you have some kind of basis for arguing, whereas the first provides only evidence of your own stubbornness.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I don't want to get political here too often.
PPS - This post is not about politics, but rather about frustrating people.

No comments: