Wednesday 19 May 2004

Final Fantasy XI

An unfortunate combination of factors has recently cut my internet time at home down to virtually zero. To summarise, we have cable internet service now, and because it's an "always-on" connection, I installed a firewall program. This firewall program does not support Windows internet connection sharing, which was previously being used to connect two PCs to the net via one modem. Thus, until I find another solution, we are stuck with exactly one PC on the internet. Now enter the second factor: the online game Final Fantasy XI, which has captured my brother's attention and much of his time. Mix in a bit of irregular sleep patterns from him, and I have to beg and plead just to get an hour online at home.

In addition to all that, any time I do get online I am usually interrupted every five minutes by the questions "Are you done yet?" and "How long will you be?".

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm sure it's a really good game.
PPS - It had better be.

No comments: