Thursday 1 April 2004

Finally!

My new PC is now up and running with all its basic software installed, and very little else. I took it for a test drive last night, not looking for a benchmark or anything, just seeing if it would work. After installing video drivers and DVD player software, I spun up Eddie Izzard's "Dress to Kill", a recording of a stand-up comedy show he did in San Francisco. I only got through a third of it, because it was getting late.

The only troubles I had with hardware were the floppy drive (recycled from an old 486, it seems to be dead) and the keyboard that I mentioned earlier. I think I've figured the keyboard out now, and I don't need a floppy drive right away, so I'll call it complete for now.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I could still use more desk space.
PPS - Today's wirewater is an iced coffee Big M.

No comments: