Sunday 4 April 2004

Blessed Relief

Now that it's all over, I can relax again. The church fair came and went with little incident, though I had underplanned, as usual. On the day, I was missing the following items:
  • Eskis and ice for prizes
  • The equipment for two stalls
  • Some of the equipment for two other stalls
  • Several workers
  • A radio to stay in contact with other organisers
Well, we managed to find one large eski and a small cooler, plus ice, as well as improvise for the partially-missing equipment. I cut my losses on the two missing stalls and used their staff to shore up the numbers on other stalls. I made do without a radio, too. I don't know the figures yet, so I can't say whether I got my section to break even or not.

What I know for sure is that all my stress vanished the second after the fair closed for the day. I'm so glad it's all over. Now I just have to write a report. That's much less stressful and has only minor consequences if it's late.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - These have surely been Interesting Times.
PPS - Today's recommended reading is the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.

No comments: