Wednesday 24 March 2004

Superhuman

Every man (and probably some women, too) wants to be more than an ordinary man. We want to be stronger, faster or smarter than the average man. To leap tall buildings in a single hyperbole. We want this because we love power and superiority, and superhuman powers are, to most people, power without responsibility.

The way we demonstrate our "incredible" powers varies, of course, but it usually amounts to biting off more than we can chew, then attempting to make it look easy. The results are more often comical than impressive. I have been the perpetrator of such showoff behaviour myself, more than once. I blame testosterone. I think I've learned to deal with the small doses well enough, but the big hits can still take me down to the level of parading monkey.

Here's to being unwitting victims of our body chemistry.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I really should get around to linking to this blog from my website.
PPS - Yeah, I'll do that Real Soon Now.

No comments: