Thursday 25 March 2004

Hi, I'm Mokalus, and I'm a Tazoholic

A few weeks ago I bought a packet of chips - I think they were Burger Rings. Inside the packet was a small metal disc that ruined my life - a Yu-Gi-Oh Tazo Metallix. I call myself addicted because I don't much care about the chips or Yu-Gi-Oh, but I've been buying an average of three packets of chips every two days, just to get more. To borrow a phrase from another cartoon, I've gotta catch 'em all.

I now own 17 discs, each of which has cost me $1.50. Yes, I got some chips with them, but I'd have been just as happy to throw the chips away and keep the Tazo. 17 discs at $1.50 each comes to $25.50 over a week or two. I'm likely to keep going.

My only hope is that the newly-opened Subway just down the road can take all my money before my Tazo collection does.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Having no control over one's wallet is an odd feeling.
PPS - This must be what it's like to be married. ;)

No comments: