Friday 10 January 2014

Weather warnings that aren't warnings

It's storm season here in Brisbane, which means occasional severe thunderstorms and warnings to pay attention to. What I need is an app on my phone that tells me when I or my home is in a storm warning area so I can react appropriately. The "Early Warning Network" has an Android app, but it seems to be nothing more than a slightly different version of going to the Bureau of Meteorology website and checking the warning areas manually. Not even a slightly better version, just slightly different. Either way, I need to check the warnings myself, and that's not a warning or alert system. That's a passive information system.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Doing it properly would require spatial data to be published by global weather services.
PPS - I don't know if they do that.

No comments: