Friday 17 January 2014

Redundancy 2

Yesterday I was made redundant at work. Downsized. Regretfully let go. It's the second time in my career that's happened to me, and I think I handled it better this time around. The payout was nice. It will go a long way to keeping us afloat while I find another job. I could see on the video conference that my boss was not having a good day either. I gather he had to do this a few times today. I was hoping I could wheedle a last-minute title change to "Senior Professional", just to look better on the resume, but that was evidently not an option.

I'm considering options at the moment. I could take a month off, attend some acting auditions, maybe try to sell some writing. If it doesn't work out quickly, I can always look for a more traditional job. Maybe it won't interest me enough at all. I guess we'll see.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - While it gets easier to receive redundancy, I wonder if it gets easier to give it out.
PPS - I doubt it.

No comments: