Friday 13 September 2013

Responding to awkward conversation starters

Rather than learning good ice breaker conversation, I'd like to know how to respond to stupid ice breaker questions and comments, like, "hot today, isn't it?" What do you say to that? How about someone who just says "rush hour!" in a crowded lift? The only thing that ever pops into my mind is "yeah".

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Which just puts the burden back on the other person again.
PPS - And usually they only had "nice weather" to say in the first place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trick here is to say something mindblowing and interesting.

OG: "Hot today, isn't it?"

YOU: "I will burn in hell forever for the terrible things I have done."

Instant interesting conversation.

John said...

Yes. Maybe not that, because I envision that being followed by a wide-eyed stare and a hasty retreat. :)

Still, those interesting, mind-blowing statements never seem to come to mind at the right time.