Tuesday 19 March 2013

Firefox might be faster than Chrome

A while ago, I got fed up with Firefox being so slow, and I switched to Chrome. It had a lot of advantages at the time, including a much cleaner interface. It also let me sync open tabs between home, work and my phone, sort of, which was a big plus. Firefox slipped to the back of my mind.

This past November, however, while I was participating in my second NaNoWriMo, I was using my little Samsung netbook on the train to and from work every day. Occasionally I would get a WiFi-enabled carriage. Signing on requires a click-through EULA, and Firefox was still set as the default browser, so that's where the page opened. I was stunned at how quickly Firefox opened up on this tiny, underpowered machine. Was I too quick to dismiss Firefox from my life? Maybe I should give it another try.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - It does have synchronisation now, too.
PPS - I might try it again for a week and see how it feels.

No comments: