Wednesday 6 June 2012

TED talks

I love watching TED talks, especially about emerging medical technology. Here are some things I've learned about recently, just off the top of my head:And there are probably more that I've overlooked. In short, there are some very talented engineers making very cool medical technology, especially for the developing world, and this is making our global civilisation tangibly better right now. I wish I were contributing too, but I am neither an engineer, nor do I have any real medical knowledge. But the basic point is that TED talks encourage me that the world is progressing, and that makes me feel better than the nightly news does.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - A lot of things feel better than the nightly news, though.
PPS - That's kind of how they work.

No comments: