Wednesday 21 April 2010

Total Experience Design

I'm watching Paul Dawson talk about Total Experience Design, and I'm starting to realise that this is just the kind of thing I've been thinking is missing from TransLink's system. It's not just about an enhanced website to finally tell you where bus stops are, because once you're away from the machine again, you're off the network or, at the very least, you have some location awareness to make use of. Your trip planning should not only include times and vague place descriptions but place alarms and help finding the actual bus/train stops. There's a lot more to it, and I'm sure there's more to get out of it, but my main revelation is that the website is part, but not all of the problem.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Some website improvements would still go a long way, though.
PPS - I've ranted in this general direction before.

1 comment:

Johnson Potgoli said...

John it was nice hear from about technology standards in present scenario.do visit my blog at johnsonpotgoli.blogspot.com