Monday 23 February 2009

The Aftermath

After the move on Saturday (thanks for the help, guys!) our new home is being gradually unpacked. The boxes are currently prioritised in order of frustration of physical positioning, so a few daily semi-essentials have been overlooked for now. Our second night last night was when we found our blankets, and I still don't know where my belt is. I have the other ones, but the black slide belt that I wear to work seems to have made a break for it. The lounge room has been rearranged two or three times, and the TV and DVD player still has a kind of "temporary set-up" feel to it.

The train to work is a new experience, too. By 7am it was already standing room only, and today seems to be shaping up into a warm one, so the walk from the station to the office was a bit unpleasant. In all, once we're settled in and getting used to the smaller space, I think it will be alright.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I'm starting to notice the little odd things about the house construction.
PPS - Like the power point position in the laundry, far away from the taps for the washing machine.

2 comments:

Kammorremae said...

My wife and I moved into our current residence in July, and we still haven't unpacked fully.

John said...

We have to unpack most of our stuff fairly soon. Some of the boxes are on loan and need to be returned.