Friday 5 September 2008

The Goatee Dimension

In many TV shows, and probably some movies, there has been a crossover to an evil mirror universe, where we find the evil equivalents of the main characters, suitably indicated by their goatee beards or preferences for dark leather clothing and eyeliner. I wonder, though, whether anyone has ever implied that the world we live in right now contains the "evil" versions of everyone, and the crossover brings them face to face with angelic counterparts.

It would probably be a bit too confronting for mainstream TV or movies, because it also implies that your viewers are bad people. Most of the time they'd rather just watch people with funny voices fall down.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Maybe some arty film students would try it.
PPS - Or a science fiction/fantasy author.

4 comments:

Erin Marie said...

I like it. I like it a lot.

Except I don't have a goatee.

John said...

Well, you could always paste on a fake one, if you wanted.

Chris said...

Sounds like a suitable episode of Futurama if they didn't already do a parallel universe episodes.

John said...

I don't remember that episode off the top of my head. I do remember them going to the edge of the universe and looking over into the Cowboy Universe, though.