Tuesday 12 August 2008

Everyone's booting Linux

I've decided to install Ubuntu Linux on this other work machine, since it seems we might be here a while longer. My co-workers are also at least considering it too. I've been meaning to install it at home for some time, but haven't managed to free enough space yet on the old hard drive. Also, because the drive is old, I'm not that confident about its ability to survive a re-partitioning.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - If I get a new PC, I'd be less anxious about it.
PPS - That might be sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

kozmcrae said...

If Ubuntu gives you a hard time, which it probably won't, then give PCLinuxOS a try. If you must use Gnome then try the Gnome version. Just FYI PCLinuxOS will be upgrading to PCLinuxOS 2008 soon. The change won't require anything except a larger than usual upgrade rather than a complete install.

John said...

Yeah, Ubuntu hasn't given me a hard time in the past, except when I was trying to set up dual monitors in an older version. Plus there are some other things that aren't the fault of Linux, so I won't mention them.

I don't know much about PCLinuxOS yet.