Sunday 21 November 2004

The Sunday Mok - There and back again

I've been down and back up again this week, emotionally. It happens. I've got a bit of a Charlie Brown Syndrome, minus the "world is picking on me" idea. I guess that leaves being in love with the little red-haired girl.
It all started going downhill on Sunday. LRHG ignored me a bit. Actually, she ignored me completely. It probably wasn't even on purpose, but it got to me.
Monday I saw Taxi. If you must see it, walk in three-quarters of the way through. Some little problems at work, like not enough to do. Still, I'd rather have too little to do than too much.
Tuesday I settled into a good, solid anger about LRHG and the Sunday Snubbing. I had to write it all down to get it out of me, because I don't want that stuff eating me up inside. I debated briefly whether I should write her a letter about it. Pretty much decided against that.
Wednesday I started to feel better. I wondered about taking a day off work to rest, which sounded very silly because (a) I currently feel underworked and (b) I've got a week off in mid-December.
On Thursday I had just about finished off an upgrade to one of my programs that means it can run in a more restricted environment without crashing. That's all Microsoft .NET mumbo-jumbo that means users can still run the program before they've set their machines up correctly. It can't run completely perfectly in those circumstances, but it can still perform its basic functions. I skipped bible study to rest, which I did by playing City of Heroes and practicing drumming.
Friday we took the youth group kids to a local swimming pool for a swim and barbeque. There was so much chlorine in the water that my eyes were on fire until Saturday morning. By the time I got home, I was feeling pretty good, except for the burning eyes. LRHG is once again a positive rather than a negative.
Saturday was a lazy, relaxing day, full of television (Stargate SG-1) games (COH again) and sleep. Low-key party at night, involving more barbequeing and more swimming. At least this time it was a salt pool rather than chlorine. I had to leave the party a bit early due to a lack of rides going back my way. I should really get a car.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - Part of the plan was to buy a car before next year.
PPS - But you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men.

No comments: