My friends recently made a whole new person called Georgia. Thinking this morning of the world she will grow up in, I noted the following things:
1. There have always been iPhones and iPads.
2. There has never been an unbroken male line of Australian Prime Ministers.
3. Michael Jackson has always been dead. Same with Heath Ledger.
4. WiFi has always been available on planes, and the TSA has always tried to stop you getting on board.
5. There has never been a building called the World Trade Centre.
6. George W Bush has always been a former President of the United States.
There's obviously a lot more that will be true about the world by the time she grows up, and it's possible items 4 and 5 won't stay on the list, but it's interesting to think about.
Mokalus of Borg
PS - I don't think I'd recognise this world through those eyes.
PPS - At least not yet. They can't quite focus.