Thursday 31 January 2008

Sweeney Todd: Shiny happy killers holding hands

Deb and I saw Sweeney Todd over the weekend, and apparently the fact that it is a musical took some other patrons completely by surprise. That doesn't come across so well in the trailers and previews. I only have a couple of notes. One is that I'm not sure it was totally necessary to see the bodies crunch into the ground every single time, but I guess everyone on set was pretty pleased with the effect. The other thing is that a movie like this does not get a happy ending. That's just the way things are, and you could deduce this from the subject matter before going to see it. That said, it was worth the time.

Mokalus of Borg

PS - I tend to forget by the end that I'm watching a musical if it's good.
PPS - That's more the result of a good movie than the music, though.

No comments: